Creating a fun and engaging classroom is probably one thing I am extremely passionate about! I love searching and planning new ways to make my classroom more fun and engaging. I want the students to enjoy being in my room and I want them to leave thinking “that was fun!” However, I might also mention that there is a balance between creating a fun/engaging classroom and going a bit overboard. What I mean is that – we don’t want to make our classroom seem like Disney World! It would be hard to sustain that kind of excitement each day and there are simple ways to make the classroom fun without losing your mind creating and planning.
Here are some easy fun ideas (keep in mind, I teach K):
1. use fun dance songs as often as possible. I enjoy this website: http://teachtrainlove.com/20-brain-break-clips-fight-the-fidgeting/
2. Use window decals to go with themes or special events in your classroom
3. Use a message board outside your classroom where students or you can write messages!
4. be silly when it works
5. every once in a while actually play on the play structure with the kids
6. create lessons where the students have to use their hands
7. be very animated